Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Unbelievable Cuteness of Her

Dear Ava Leigh,

You know, kid, I've begun multiple blog entries this week that I've come just short of finishing because, frankly, they were nothing but self-indulgent rants and tirades.  Who wants to read that baloney?  Probably not your readers, and very likely Ava Of The Future won't give a rat's rip about such nonsense, either.  So let's talk about a subject that anyone and everyone can dig: how heartbreakingly, unbelievably adorable you are.  

From the feedback that's whispered in my ears around town, this is a worthwhile subject.  Your colorful and sometimes turbulent adventures have become an online addiction for so many of our friends and neighbors, which pleases your mommy very much.  In my reasoning, that means you'll grow up amongst a community of people who see your beauty revealed in those precious moments that only parents are privileged to capture.  Maybe through these images and my words, they'll become acquainted with the incredible child you are instead of writing you off as the recipient of various labels you'll struggle against your whole life.


So I'm sorry that I keep this dadblasted iPad in your face.  The only way to make that go away is to cease doing cute things, so I'm afraid you're poo outta luck.  

For instance, as your Daddy feeds and rocks you in the Big Yellow Nursery tonight, watching you two interact with one another is like camera crack to me.  The faces you make, the way your porcelain paleness stands in stark contrast next to his dark handsomeness, your unflinching almond-eyed gaze...I love to capture these moments and display them so that others might know just a fraction of the joy you bring us.  

I'll give you this allowance: I don't believe I've released any completely naked baby pictures of you yet!  A girl's gotta grow up, and one day Big Ava might not appreciate such artistic renderings of her youth.  

Don't worry.  I'll find something just as effective to embarrass you with on Senior Night....

....like maybe a little baby burp face!

No comments:

Post a Comment