Friday, July 5, 2013

Indy Day

In honor of the recent celebration of Independence Day, Mommy is declaring herself independent from this habit of worry she seems to have developed as of late (at least for today), and is choosing to enumerate Ava Leigh's hard-fought victories.

At five and a half months, our little sweet cheeks can....:

*....pick up her Wubbanub pacifier and pop it in her mouth.  The first time I saw her do it, we were in Walmart three weeks ago and I wasn't sure if it was a happy accident and her waggling aim just managed to make contact with her wide open mouth at the right moment.  That's when she picked it up again and made like Maggie Simpson.  I swear she even looked a little smug after she did it.

*...hold her head up like a boss, which means we can carry her without supporting it.  She's even developed the core strength sufficient enough to balance herself sitting up with a little assistance.  That is, unless she has one of her "happy attacks", when she gets so tickled she fearlessly pitches herself backward like a Russian gymnast.  Then she requires a lightning hand to catch her.

*....howl....?!?   We'll be riding along in the white Avenger (which is Mommy's car, not a superhero) and the normally peep-ish pipsqueak will let rip with a glissando run that sounds something like "Ahhhh-RRRROOOOOOOOMMMM."  And I'm like, FULL MOON?  Baby Wolf?!

*....pat the bunny, grab a handful of grizzled facial hair, and catch Mommy off guard with a rib-tickling during bottle time.  Sometimes she even pats me while I'm feeding her, as if to say, "There, there, Mommy.  We'll figure out how to get my appetite back."

Just when I feel I'm at my wit's end with my incapability to get to the bottom of Ava's waning drive to eat, I feel like she looks at me with eyes wiser than time, our 
Father speaks calm to me, and I can breathe again and battle on, armed by such assurances....



"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment