Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hob-knobbin' With Bob Robbins!

 
I'm so glad that others are more forgiving then I tend to be. 
 
I had the opportunity at Timberfest this year to right a very embarrassing wrong that's been hanging over my head for a good four years. 
 
In the middle of juggling calculators and soggy paperwork while auditing the Timberfest Lumberjack competition this past Saturday, I had the chance to cut up with Arkansas' favorite radio personality, Bob Robbins.  I admit that I'm terribly envious of him.  I think he has the niftiest job in the world, and every time I see him around our shared hometown, he seems to thrive off of making people feel special.  I sure would like to be like him when I grow up. 
 
Perhaps with a little less facial hair.
 
But people spontaneously bring him corn dogs and funnel cakes, so maybe that's worth a few whiskers.
 

Anywho, when I greeted him that morning in the judging tent, I was determined to start off on a better foot than I had upon the occasion of our first meeting at my workplace four years ago.  I was a shaky twenty-something upstart in Sheridan with virtually no television or Internet access, so it had been a long time since I had witnessed any of his work through media other than radio.  When he walked up to my station as a nondescript fellow in his weekend clothes, I hadn't the foggiest notion of who he was.  This is why I got to introduce myself last weekend in the following fashion:
 
"Hi!  I'm the girl who works at so-and-so who asked you four years ago if anyone had ever told you that you sounded like Bob Robbins!"
 
Well, I'm not sure he knew what to make of that, but he gave it the laugh that it finally deserved, and was kind enough to pose for a picture with Mini (concealed in the jacket) and me while my hair blew unrelentingly into his mouth.
 
Sweet lil' feller!
 
   
 
 
Mini's KSSN!

No comments:

Post a Comment