Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Things That Daddies Do

You’re a lucky girl, you know…
Your daddy loves you ever so!
So much, my dear, that he does more
Than any man I’ve known before;
 
No matter if he’s sick or tired,
Overworked, or just plain fried
He rushes home to me and you
To care for things like daddies do.
 
He washes dishes, feeds the dog,
Runs our errands, reads my blog (J),
Gives the goats a hefty drink,
And shaves the pugs (sometimes they stink!);
 
 Stanky Amos
When the washer overflows
(Washing more baseboards than clothes),
He rolls his sleeves up every night
To fix the floor.  He makes it right.
 
Cracks attack!
If our animals are ill,
He doctors them with shots and pills.
He carries all the heavy stuff
Upstairs for Mommy.  He’s so buff!
 
He mows the grass and weedy flowers
(Which takes nearly three whole hours!),
Then cleans out all the leavings of
Miss Daphne’s box.  Now that’s pure love.
 
 
KaZOOOOOOOOOM!
 
And after all his toiling’s done,
When rest is hard-earned and won,
He doesn’t mind dinner’s not in place
‘cause Mommy’s asleep on her pregnant face.
 
He quietly munches whatever’s around,
Then pries me gently from the couch
And helps me waddle up to bed
 
So I won't fall and crack my head.
 
He kisses you and I goodnight,
Brings me water and kills the light
Then battles with a valiant will
To keep his precious scrap of quilt
 
For he won’t pull it once it’s gone
And leave us chilly all night long –
He’ll freeze and fall asleep at two,
Because that’s just what daddies do.
 
For Sweet Jason ~ Yer da bets, honey!
Love,
Mini & Heather
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. awww - I did comment last night - and, it didn't show up:( Sorry Mini...I love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! It happens. Stupid technology!

      We love you, too! Thanks for reading, hon!

      Delete