Friday, February 15, 2013

Our Happy Heart Day


I'm happy to report that Ava had a nearly fuss-free Valentine's Day!  She enjoyed a one-eyes peek at Mommy and Daddy's dinner from her baby swing while she drowsily digested her own....which you could celebrate as a miracle in itself.  It's our Happy Heart Day... or maybe more like We're So Grateful Your Heart's Ok Day.  Did you know that approximately fifty percent of children born with Down Syndrome have heart issues?  That's one statistic we praise God that we can count her out of!


I know that eating at your own humble table isn't necessarily what many gals would call a terribly romantic occasion, but I'm not one of those gals.  I've waited so long for our family to be complete, being together in our own space was worth much more than being rushed in and out of an overcrowded establishment by harried waitstaff.




 My handsome husband brought home dinner and roses and the new James Bond movie, looking very much like 007 himself in his dapper black suit.  I slapped on a coat of red lipstick and wore some modest heels.  Ava flaunted her pinkest fluffy onesie.    And then we all went to bed with full tummies and satisfied souls.  How could I ask for more in this life?


No comments:

Post a Comment