Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hearts With Legs

Maybe it's the overcast skies and all the gray post-winter storm mush sloshed all over every moving thing outside.

Maybe it's the worry over missing my regular OB appointment because the ice and snow has knocked the power out at the women's clinic.

Or maybe it's my deficit of yummy Christmas cookies consumed this year.

Mommy's having a tough day.  I allowed myself to do a little bit more reading on Hypoplastic Left Heart babies, and anytime I take that much medical information into my already pregnancy-addled brain, it takes me a few days to sort it and settle in with it.  With her arrival so quickly impending, I feel like I can't afford not to educate myself as best I can in order to make the best decisions with my husband regarding her health.

I can't remember where I heard it, but someone once told me that having a child of your own is like having your heart walk around outside your body.  This makes so much more sense now, even with her little heart tucked up safely near mine for the time being....

  
I promise to snap out of this funk very soon.  I just need a day to sit with it again.

1 comment: