Friday, August 10, 2012

Girl Pretties!


Sorry, fellers -- this post ain't so much for you. 

I'm gonna girl out for a sec and show you a design board that I've been working on to help me come up with a feel for what Mini's nursery will look like.  We're planning on painting her nursery pale yellow, warm light gray, and off-white/cream --  I know that sounds like a lotta paint cans for just four walls, but much of it will be used in a tree mural that Jason's promised to paint for me. 

The idea is to keep the walls and furniture of the room gender-neutral and to add boy/girl colors in flattering contrasts specific to each child who inhabits the room.  For example, pale yellow/gray/cream looks spiffy accessorized with:

  • Lavender
  • Navy
  • Light & Medium pinks & bright yellow
  • Pale green
....and pugs.

I have a feeling that Mini's gonna be our lavender girl.

Hmmm...is that like a calendar girl?  Or maybe a cornflake girl?

*sigh*  I loved me some Tori Amos back in the day. 


Anywhizzles, I digress.

As Salt 'n' Pepa used to say, check it!:





2 comments:

  1. oh so warm and inviting for a wee one...those colors are neutral, but, I LOVE neutrals!! You all will have so much fun putting everything together...how fun is it gonna be just preparing for her arrival. JJ loves to tear something down to build it back up - and, although the room is there, he will delight in every stroke of the brush. Plus you do have at your disposal a pretty talented Grandmother in Rhonda that can paint...so, make it a family project with ya'll! Have fun, post pics when you are done! muuaaahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent idea!

    Thank you for taking the time to read my silly little blog and leaving comments... I love feedback! This has been a good way for me to keep my spirits up on days when I feel sick and worn down, and writing these things and sharing them helps me stay focused on the beauty and specialness of this time, despite the tough stuff! :)

    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete