Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Name Blame Game, Part Deux

(Open scene with Mommy and Daddy in the checkout que at Wal-Mart; Mommy scans the headlines of the tabloid magazines on display next to the register.)

Mommy:  Ohhhh, I feel so sorry for Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes's little girl, having to be in the middle of this nasty public divorce! 

Daddy:  (Glancing up distractedly at the row of magazines)  Oh, yeah... poor kid.  What's her name?  ShuShu?

Mommy:  Sushi?!

Daddy:  Sushi?  What?

Mommy:  Her name is Suri....? Suuuuuri?  Souri?  Sarong?

Both Mommy and Daddy  shake their heads in a mutual understanding that they will never, ever name their beloved baby ShuShu.... Sushi....whatever.

Fade scene.

THE END


* ~ * ~ * ~ *

On a more serious note, we went to our last doctor's checkup on Wednesday, where I brought up some questions about how normal it was that I frequently felt the need to drink the ocean.  I've read that it's common to be increasingly thirsty during pregnancy, but when a pregnant woman wakes up every hour on the hour during the night because her tongue is so dry it's cracking, it's due time to pipe up! 

When the lab tech took my blood sugar, she told me it was a wee bit on the high side (133).  As a result, the doctor scheduled my glucose test a bit earlier than normal, so in three weeks I'll be imbing The Goo (I believe most former preggies know what I'm referring to). 

I've read that it's more common for moms over the age of 25 to have blood sugar issues during pregnancy, even if they're healthy and have never experienced any before. 

My take on this is, at least it's something that can be monitored and managed.  Don't get too sweet on account of momma, Mini Clenney!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment