Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Labyrinth

"Remember you Hippopotamus oath!"

- Homer Simpson

You know, we've been treated really well here.
Even when I've lost my sanity or patience, the staff at Children's has shown me tremendous amounts of grace.

They've been reassuring, attentive, protective, and downright caring.

When I was worried about our daughter, they were reassuring AND straightforward 
(I appreciate this.... I don't like to have smoke blown up my skirt).

When I needed friendship, they stuck around to expound on everything from child-rearing stories to theology.

Heck, they even tracked down the most inane items on my behalf, just for the sake of making my life easier.

I don't doubt there are a handful of people here whom I would gladly bring Ava to visit, just so they could hold her and enjoy her company apart from her inpatient time.  I have no doubt she will have her chubby arms around many necks here one day.

To the staff here at Arkansas Children's Hospital,
I will be forever grateful for your reassuring presence and expertise
as we travelled the labyrinth of our daughter's first few weeks of life.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment