Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Tiny Dancer

"First thing I remember, I was lying in my bed
Couldn't have been no more than one or two
And I remember there's a radio coming from the room next door
And my mother laughed the way some ladies do

Well, it's late in the evening
And the music's seeping through..."

- "Late In the Evening"
Paul Simon

After all the unannounced consultations that interrupted what few precious scraps of mommy naptime I had budgeted for this afternoon,  
when I feared that my rapidly fraying patience with appointments and malfunctioning monitors was coming to an end and tears were stinging my eyes,
my little cathead began to dance.

I had turned on her Baby Einstein music aquarium for Ava to watch as I changed her, 
and as it cycled through its program of Chopin, Bach, and other various composers' pieces,
I wondered if it was my imagination when I noticed that she seemed to dance in accordance to the tempo of the music.

When I was pregnant with her, I constantly dreamed that she would dance.
Never would I have thought you would have fulfilled that dream so soon, miracle girl.

Continue to astound me, daughter.  It heals me.









1 comment: