Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FrankenMini!

Dear Mini,
 
Every parent wonders and dreams about what their child will look like.
 
Most every parent these days owns an iPhone with an app suited to assist them in answering this question.
 
I don't.  As I told you before, I'm as cheap as a box of rocks in a jewelry store.  I have Microsoft Paint instead!
 
With the help of that program and a little runaway imagination, I've been cutting-and-pasting my imaginings of you from my head and onto the screen.
 
For some reason (perhaps it's my lack of asthetic judgment or computer design skills), the Mini Clenney in my head and the FrankenMini in my .jpgs don't quite match up. 
 
Judge for yourself:
 
In my mind, it's very likely that you will have tightly-curled hair (due to both your mommy and daddy bearing this affliction), your daddy's near-black eyes, his parenthesis-style lips, my bone structure, and my paper-pale skin. 
 
Oh, and your father's affection for all creatures great and small.
 
And this is what Micro-Paint came up with:
 
 
 
Hooray for low-end technology.
 
Your daddy and I have laid beside each other many a night and worked out the probability of you possessing certain physical characteristics.  During his stint in Anatomy and Physiology last fall semester, he was reintroduced to the Punnett Square -- the simple method by which one may work out an offspring's probability to inherit certain traits. 
 
According to this method of deduction, we figured that the most likely combination for you to come out with would be brown eyes, fuller lips, small ears and curly hair.
 
 
 
 

And then there's the funkiest FrankenMini of them all: a compilation of all the inheritable features we would like to pass onto you.  

 
(Please ignore the stubble.  Side effect of poor editing.)

3 comments:

  1. A famous motion picture star met George Bernard Shaw on shipboard while traveling to America. She monopolized the conversation for the four days on the water. At the final dinner she stated to Shaw,

    "Mr. Shaw, what a wonderful thing it would be for us to get married. Think of the children we could have. Why with my beauty and your brains they would conquer the world."

    "Yes, Madam," Shaw replied, "But what if they had my beauty and YOUR brains?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Maybe try this and see what happens. http://planning.thebump.com/baby-morpher

    ReplyDelete