Friday, September 14, 2012

New Developments


New developments this week:

 

Jason was able to feel the baby kick for the first time last night.  He happened to rest his hand on my stomach at just the right moment as we were turning the TV to The Golden Girls and getting ready to pray for sleep and whammo!  The baby went all Chuck Norris on his open palm!

 

She’s really been stomping up a storm in there lately.  I suppose she’s at just the perfect moment of development when she has enough wiggle room to pull off an impressive floor routine thanks to her newly-acquired coordination.  Unlike most moms who have told me they thought of this “quickening” stage as butterflies fluttering or champagne bubbles popping in their belly, I can’t help but imagine that it feels like Homer Simpson is doing his Curly Stooge impression  -- you remember, the one where he throws himself on the floor on his side and runs around in circles:

 

 

 

All said, I love to feel her movements.  It’s reassuring to know that she’s getting lots of practice in for kicking a diaper away later.

 

 

Also, I can see the bottom of my bellybutton these days.  The Great Protrusion has begun.

 

For thirty years, I’ve had not a clue what dwelt within those depths, and now that excavation is possible, a shallow dive has revealed: 

 

 

 

“…beer cans, a Maryland license plate, half a bicycle tire, a goat, and a small wooden puppet. Goes by the name of Pinocchio”

 

Thank you, Albert.

 

And to conclude this update, I recently purchased baby’s first dressy onesie-gown!  It’s a precious little number from the Chase ‘N’ Dreams boutique here in Sheridan, Arkansas.  I hung it in baby’s closet on a tiny baby-sized hanger and I just steal a peek at it now and then. 

 

Mommy needs that. 


Happy 21st week of existence, little girl of ours!

 

1 comment:

  1. Mini - here is a little poem that I suppose could be from you to your Daddy...I saw this and fell in love with it...soon you'll be able to say all these things yourself..but, until then..Aunt Mo thought she'd share..
    When I first felt your hand on mamma's belly.
    I knew right away that you must be my daddy.
    So gently at first-for fear I'd somehow burst,
    then a little firmer-aren't I a little squirmer?
    When I first heard your voice through mamma's belly,
    I knew right away you'd be such a loving daddy.
    Momma said, speak a little louder,so I could hear,
    but how could she know? I heard you loud and clear!



    ReplyDelete